RANDR 1.2 heads up

Jean-Rene Cormier jrc at jrcormier.com
Tue Mar 6 00:51:42 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 18:19 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> - Gnome randr applet crashes. Like, instantly.
> - Old school xrandr options sometimes do nonintuitive things,
> particularly for rotation.
> - DPI is only loosely related to reality.
> - panel sometimes gets very confused about positioning.
> - i865 and below probably don't work.

What exactly won't work with i865 and below? I have manually rebuilt
Xorg and quite a few other packages on my FC6 installation to get RANDR
1.2 and it works for some things on my i855. I can turn monitors on and
off, change the resolution (sometimes). Though sometimes the laptop
froze after bootup or while the screensaver was on.

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc at jrcormier.com>