VNC development plan - discuss

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 09:52:41 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas napsal(a):
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:33:33AM +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> viewers), one real server, one virtual server and X module. What do you
>> think about this idea?
>>

> Just orphan the vnc servers you don't want to maintain, if somebody is
> interested then they'll be kept. For the parts that are tighlty
> integrated in fedora (for example a vnc server used by anaconda) it is
> indeed better to have only one vnc server used.
>
> --
> Pat

I don't want leave vnc maintaning. I only want fire away duplicates
(vino + krfb, I don't maintain any of these) and substitute it by more
scalable x11vnc. I think vino + krfb maintainers could write comment
here what they think about this change. And about only one server - I
think it is so hard to write all-in-one server with good "real desktops"
and "virtual desktops" performance. But it is development challenge :)

Adam