VNC development plan - discuss

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 16:40:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 13:23 +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin napsal(a):
> > 	vino and krfb have different goals and UIs that are designed to be well
> > integrated into their respective environments. I don't think merging the
> > two makes any more sense than e.g. merging evolution and kmail because
> > they both talk the SMTP protocol.
> >
> I don't think that integrating to specified environment is useful in
> this case. In my opinion kde & gnome use same xserver with same policies
> so vino and krfb (and x11vnc) is more about xserver than about specific
> UIs. This is main argument why could be these programs merged to one. It
> is very easy write simple GUI with two buttons - "start remote desktop"
> and "stop remote desktop" - which could works under gnome and kde and
> other window managers.

How is it not important that they are properly integrated into the
desktop? Your proposal sounds very simple and ugly compared to the slick
integration of e.g. vino.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a world-famous moralistic stage actor haunted by an iconic dead American
confidante She's a ditzy psychic detective from Mars. They fight crime!