Missing P-ATA CDROM support in Fedora 7 Test 2 ?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Mar 7 12:01:58 UTC 2007

John Reiser wrote :

> > I just tried to install Fedora 7 with "cdrom" as packages support, but
> > no drives seems to be detected. I use a P-ATA drive on a Nforce4-4x
> > powered motherboard (Asus K8N4-E Deluxe) and didn't found any suitable
> > driver in the list (maybe I missed it ?).
>
> On my machine it is called  pata_amd , which is <sarcasm> wonderfully
> consistent </sarcasm> with with the Serial ATA driver  sata_nv
> for the same chip, which is detected and loaded automatically.

Same here. I got somewhat confused when the installer prompted me to
try a driver or use a driver disk... at first I thought it was my SATA
(sata_nv here too) which wasn't recognized, but then I found out that I
needed to select the pata_amd module, because it was the DVD which
wasn't being found.

Does anyone know if this bug has already been filed?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.35 0.71 1.31