pup: boon or curse? quicker updates or slower updates?

Tim Lauridsen tla at rasmil.dk
Fri Mar 9 09:50:29 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> A really annoying one if you ask me -- would it be possible that
> command line yum simply talks to yum-updatesd via d-bus and says "hey,
> yum-updatesd background task, the users wants to do something
> interactively now which is way more important then your business -- so
> quickly go sleeping for a while! (read: f... off)"?
This don't sounds sane to me.

Ex.
yum-updatesd are in the process of installing some updates.
The user are running 'yum install foo' and then 'yum-updatesd' should
just f... off, in the middle of  the RPM transaction.

It think the best way to handle this issue is to make the applet show it
have started some work in the background.

Tim