RPATH status

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:01:00 UTC 2007

On 09/03/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> rpmlint catches this, I'm sitll in favor of running rpmlint after a build,
> check the output against a whitelist of allowed output and if there is any
> output not in the whitelist, fail the build. We would need to integrate the
> same use of rpmlint in make <arch> from makefile.common then (or maybe first).

Fantastic proposal. An added benefit would be that would be one step
closer to having part of the new package review process automated. If
there was a build machine where new package SRPMS could be pushed to
(perhaps even via a web interface)  which would then try to build the
package inside mock, run rpmlint on resulting packages, and make
avilable all logs and output (also perhaps via a web page), then
package review pace would greatly increase, I suspect.