yum-deltarpm (Was Thread Hijack - Our package management GUI tools need improvement)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 20:13:58 UTC 2007

Ahmed Kamal wrote:

> A delta rpm update mechanism also enables fedora to issue faster/smaller
> updates consisting of mainly translation/documentation updates as has
> been recently requested.

Please leave this part out.  This is a controversial, technically
unsound and rejected request made by docs teams.  We simply cannot
frequently have RPM updates purely for documentation and translation
updates (although it is fine to include such updates if an update
happens for typical reasons).

I have told them an alternative way to do this that enables the ability
for unlimited docs updates and faster turnaround, but they have not
listened.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com