Fedora 6 and Disk Druid Overall Disk Space

Lamont Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Sun Mar 11 03:45:47 UTC 2007

On Saturday 10 March 2007 07:38pm, Shams wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> With custom layout you have to create/adjust the partitions and lvm's
> yourself
> where as with the default layout disk druid creates the partitions and
> lvm's as it
> deems fit which I am normally happy with BUT it ends up taking the entire
> leftover
> space to achieve this.
>
> However when I want to create the custom layout then I should be able to
> specify
> that ONLY 20gb should be allocated and then the partitions and lvms should
> be
> created as disk druid seems fit just like default layout does BUT working
> within
> those 20gb.

I thought there was some kind of "base the layout on the default" or something
like that which would let you do the whole disk druid thing but give you
something to start with.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.