Fedora 6 a bit more automated install

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:20:40 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Baris Cicek <baris at teamforce.name.tr> wrote:
> After that point installation start writing to disk. Before that
> everything is happening without any change on the hdd.
>
> It's a good pointer for user that after that moment s/he is starting to
> change his partitions. AFAIK, after this point anaconda do formatting of
> the partitions. One last click won't annoy user much, but losing whole
> partitions might.

It would not annoy the user _IF_ the depsolving step was faster.

I think this is the reason why I saw mails in the past with the same
request: a fairly long step (depsolving) followed by another long step
(actual installation) sounds naturally like they should be merged.

IIRC the reason for this is that the depsolving phase could fail
depending on the package selection and the selected repos; I still
fail to see whay the last "Next" could not be skipped automatically
when no such problem arise though...