yum 3.1.4 and repository medata handling

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 00:07:19 UTC 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 19:13:03 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I am able to reproduce this.  Note near end of the output. Do you
> require more details?

Rahul, sqlite metadata is still not used for the Core development repos.  We
tried turning it on and ran into an issue with creating the sqlite blob
across NFS, and unfortunately our internal structure is very NFS based right
now.  Seth and the createrepo folks were discussing ways of detecting this
scenario and making it work for all createrepo users, rather than me doing a
one-off hack for our environment.

So for now you will see sqlite blobs from Extras and raw .xml.gz files from
Core.  This is probably what you're considering inconsistency.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora