yum-deltarpm (Was Thread Hijack - Our package management GUI tools need improvement)

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:31:53 UTC 2007

The idea is NOT to provide incremental updates. i.e. drpms will always
upgrade some version to latest. You should never need to install several
drpms to reach "latest" state.
I am thinking it would be best to provide at least 2 drpms
n-1 => n (previous to latest)
and
General Availability (FC6 isos) => latest

If this gets popular, we might provide n-2 => n drpms for slow updaters