speed of yum depsolver

Tomas Janousek tjanouse at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 16:13:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 02:25:27PM +0100, dragoran wrote:
> yum now uses its own depsolver instead of rpmlib which is slower. I know
> that its planned to make it working first befor starting to optimize it.

Is it possible to turn it off and use the old one? It just cancelled it after
it had been running for four hours, hoping I'll be able to use the old one,
because this is just ridiculous. I wonder how apt-get does it, it's able to
give me the list of updated/installed/whatever packages in less than a minute
on a 32MB RAM Celeron 233MHz box and yum needs more than 4 hours on 256MB RAM
vmware on dualcore Pentium on 3Ghz?

--
TJ., BaseOS, Brno, CZ