speed of yum depsolver

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 17:05:36 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 12:25:40 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Seith,
>
> There are enough unintentionnal failures in rawhide without piling up
> intentionnal ones on them (plus we've passed F7T2 now). And

Test 2 is not the feature freeze for this release.  Test 3 is, and there is a
Test 4.  Using yum to depsolve correctly is a feature, should be done
correctly by Test3 for testing.  Speeding it up after it is correct can
happen after the feature freeze as the feature is in and not changing.

> developper/tester respect goes both ways.

The yum team has been very vocal about whats going on in yum land, how is this
not being respectful to the testing community?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora