speed of yum depsolver

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:35:21 UTC 2007

On 3/12/07, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> Le lundi 12 mars 2007 à 13:05 -0400, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> > On Monday 12 March 2007 12:25:40 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
> > > developper/tester respect goes both ways.
> >
> > The yum team has been very vocal about whats going on in yum land, how is this
> > not being respectful to the testing community?
>
> Complaining testers expect rawhide to work is not respectful. Testers
> are doing their testers work, and that includes bugging developers to
> fix their stuff.
>
> Reporting problems is un-fun enough without getting this kind of
> response. There's one thing worse than grumpy testers it's having to do
> your testing yourself.

There are multiple ways to report problems.. some work better than others:

1) I noticed a slow down in yum recently? I looked through bugzilla
and did not see this, and I didn't find any mention on (xyz-list) that
there would be known regressions. Could anyone else confirm they are
seeing this.. just in case its my system testing?

2) This is complete Bull. I try to test your $^%# software, and yum
just takes forever. Fix your software or I walk. [which while not the
exact words, seems to be the tone taken in some of this discussion.]