speed of yum depsolver

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Mar 12 19:59:23 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Lun 12 mars 2007 17:19, seth vidal a écrit :
>
>> I'm getting a little annoyed at this conversation.
>>
>> Apparently it is not acceptable for things to be not-working or
>> less-good in rawhide. Apparently, we have to go from one working state
>> to another perfectly working state w/o passing through any situation in
>> which it is not as functional.
>
> Seith,
>
> There are enough unintentionnal failures in rawhide without piling up
> intentionnal ones on them (plus we've passed F7T2 now). And
> developper/tester respect goes both ways.

This is a *development* forum and we're talking about the *development*
version of yum... For software to get better, sometimes new features
have to be implemented, making it worse for a while, that the way it
goes. And this is exactly why the development goes on in a separate
tree. Nothing fishy about that at all.

Just my two cents.

/Thomas