Fedora scheduling made easy

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 19:25:24 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham said the following on 03/13/2007 10:43 AM Pacific Time:
>> The benefits of having the Fedora schedules in a project planning tool is
>> that it is easier to manage unforeseen delays, plan alternate scenarios,
>> and have a clearer sense of how we are doing at a particular point in time
>> towards meeting the published schedule on time.
>
> How does this do this in the absence of information? The majority of features
> haven't had any updates since they've been initially entered. (I know I'm
> pretty guilty in this regard). I don't see how a project tool by itself
> can solve this - it's still garbage in/garbage out.
>
> Bill

You make a good point :)

I believe it is a combination of a project tool with detailed tasks and milestones AND a person that chases them all down and follows them to completion.  A project manager eliminates the "garbage in garbage out" problem by evaluating the data going in and out and taking action when necessary to coordinate resolution.

I am willing to be that person.

John