Fedora scheduling made easy (Reminder: 5 days until string freeze!)

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Mar 14 04:17:06 UTC 2007

O/H Rahul Sundaram έγραψε:
> John Poelstra wrote:
>> As I went through the Fedora schedule here:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7 I found a general outline of
>> what is supposed to happen, but not a lot of explanation about what
>> each step means or what is required for a particular milestone to be
>> considered finished... in other words, "what exactly does String
>> Freeze mean?"

Since we're at it, let me remind all developers of Fedora software:

### String freeze is 5 days away! (19/3) ###

 * Please add any translatable strings in your apps until then.
 * Make sure everything that should be translated is marked so (eg. gettext'ed).

> This shouldnt be part of a schedule. The schedule assumes that everyone
> involved knows what a string freeze means. If that requires explanation
> the schedule can link to the developers guide.
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/developers-guide/

If we need to *also* put it on the Schedule for developers to know about it,
then we should do that. Especially since this is the first time we are
introducing some strange vocabulary that marks important dates.

I've stepped forward and added Bill's definitions (slightly changed) on the
schedule page. Please correct anything if needed.

> The developer's guide needs to be updated to take into account current
> practices.

+1 on this.

-d

--