User directories integration - request for help

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Mar 16 12:35:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 06:43:13AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> André Kelpe wrote:
>
> >Because many people hate it, when something automagically clutters up
> >their home. My home is my castle :-)! I decide, not a tool, that thinks
> >it knows better than me...
>
> Desktop is the folder you would seeing on a typical desktop environment.
> Not home. If are you not using a desktop environment, you wouldn't be
> using these applications either. So what they do would not affect you at
> all. Currently applications like Firefox actually save files into your
> desktop by default. Organizing the data better will result in less

But allow to change the location each time the save action is performed.

> Again providing defaults for these applications doesn't take away your
> ability to customize anything. We have continued to adopt several ideas
> from other operating systems if that makes sense and that is a good thing.

It seems like those folders are created automatically when user logs in.
That's what I dislike. If they are defaults for 'save' actions in every
apps, fine. If they are created and used automatically, I think it isn't
right.

--
Pat