Fedora extras metadata

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Fri Mar 16 21:01:57 UTC 2007

Michael E Brown wrote:

> Matt Domsch is working on just such a tool and is looking to have it in
> place for F7 release, afaik. The tool is Mirror Manager.

This looks like a very competent tool indeed and there's no doubt that
it will be very useful for a lot of cases. However I have no idea how
the mirror validation in the package will work, I just hope it will be
implemented in a way that will be usable without special tools. Having a
way to validate a mirror from within the ftp directory listing is very
valuable - especially to mirror scripts etc.

It looks to me like the MirrorManager will notify the main site that the
sync has completed. This is useful, but probably not to other mirror
sites (or we may need specialized tools to perform the check). I could
easily be mistaken here, though!

/Thomas