User directories integration - request for help

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat Mar 17 03:33:07 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 03:58 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > I think the point was that the arguments are already on that list where,
> > for the record, highly respected GNOME, KDE, XFCE developers already
> > reviewed this without objections.
>
> Well, I am long enough into this business to have an opinion on my own.

Again: if you have an opinion then participate upstream because that is
where we want to solve a problems if possible. Developers in general are
not happy to repeat the same answers over and over again especially to
people "too busy" to participate in the right forum.

Even if you disagree with the people on xdg-list or their desire to
solve some problems (that you obviously disagree with), at least have
the courtesy to avoid bike shedding [1] on this list and instead find
some more constructive ways to get people to listen to you. Thanks.

       David

[1] : we probably all know this term but just for reference, this is
from http://www.bikeshed.com/