User directories integration - request for help

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Mar 17 08:46:47 UTC 2007

Le samedi 17 mars 2007 à 00:50 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 05:35 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > I say: Alex, Matthias wake up and take off your shades. You are going to
> > commit something "stupid"!
>
> [...]
>
> > I say: They missed the lack of usefulness, because they are too focused.
>
> So the developers from the desktop projects and the distros (e.g. the
> people who participate on xdg-list) are all wrong and stupid because
> they want this feature and you don't? I think we can end this thread...

The people on xdg-list are not stupid but they are GUI devs and they
tend to forget a lot of things on a *nix system is not GUI stuff. Remind
us again how high gnome-terminal piked in mugshot stats?

Would it be so difficult to use symlinks as directory pointers instead
of hiding them in yet another config file? That would make cross-user
scripting so much easier

--
Nicolas Mailhot