User directories integration - request for help

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Mar 17 19:55:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 07:19:38PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Excuse me?! Compare the pre-HAL day with what we have now. Have you got
> specific bugzillas open for the issues you mention?

I get about 4 messages a week from people with problems. Some are in bugzilla
a lot of folks just turn off the polling and never file bugs unfortunately.

Some we can precisely characterise - certain Dell CD devices for example the
rest are a mix off odd and weird.

The longer term good news btw is that there is a spec for proper, disconnected
non-polling eject button notification in the hardware, and we'll begin to see
it on new devices soon.