too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 19 11:18:03 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 16:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Florian La Roche wrote:

>>> We should really target a Live-DVD instead of a Live-CD.
>> DVD drives are way too costly in many regions. We still need a Live CD.
>
> Pardon, but I would not recommend Fedora to anybody who doesn't have
> broadband access. Those who have broadband access also very likely have
> a DVD drive

Can you specify the factors for your recommendation? Live CD's can be
installed to a hard disk and works out of the box. That doesnt require
any broadband connection. Broad connection does not automatically
translate into systems with DVD. Many work places have restrictions on
removable disk access (No CD/DVD drivers, USB ports locked etc).

> Also: Do you know how Ubuntu and Knoppix are being shipped in Germany.
> As free add-ons to magazines

Fedora is included in magazines all over the world too. Does not change
the fact that Live CD are still very much a good thing for several end
users and for promotional events.

Rahul