User directories integration - request for help

Axel axel.azerty at laposte.net
Mon Mar 19 11:33:12 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 10:19:47AM +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
>> That would limit the use of this to "default fileselector directory" for
>> applications that have that hardcoded. There are other uses too, like
>> default bookmarks (in file manager, file selector, etc).
>>

> As I said in another mail, the directory should be created when the user
> click on it, with a popup asking for confirmation, set to yes for the
> default. That way nothing is automatic.

Automatic creation doesn't sound bad to me. If the user doesn't like it,
he can delete them, (I do this for some "My *" folders under Windows).
The point that I found bad is the translation of the folder.  What is
planned ? To create translated directories ?
If yes, the translation is in my opinion only needed for desktop
applications, since a wide-user distribution isn't intended to be used
with a terminal.

Axel