User directories integration - request for help

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Mar 19 12:27:18 UTC 2007

Le Lun 19 mars 2007 10:11, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 18:16 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> There is one thing worse than not taking i18n in consideration that's
>> botching your i18n implementation. I for one am deeply attached to i18n
>> due to my personal background. And I'd rather wait a few weeks/months
>> for a proper solution that have a semi-broken hack that will be set in
>> stone as soon as a release goes out with it.
>
> A few weeks? The english-on-disk or translations-on-disk flamewar has
> been going on for at least five years.

You'll note *I* never advocated using English-only or Localized-only
pathnames.
I advocated allowing both accesses at once through symlinks, because some
use cases will be better with localised pathnames ant others with
un-localized ones

(and the five-years flamewar should strongly hint doing one at the expense
of the other won't work)

--
Nicolas Mailhot