too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Mon Mar 19 12:52:35 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Exim should probably replaced with something like esmtp or ssmtp in
> the live cd. Folks wanting to install a full blown MTA can install
> sendmail, postfix or email on their own.
As maintainer of ssmtp I would be more then pleased to have it included
as default MTA. Unfortunatelly it is close to useless without a real MTA
(read: mailhub) around. It cannot be used even by thunderbird who
expects to talk SMTP with outgoing server(s) ( the presence of a binary
called sendmail is not enough ). I've found ssmtp to be most useful in a
farm of computers which can/should send their mails to a central server