No shape and sync extensions in xorg?

Axel axel.azerty at laposte.net
Mon Mar 19 15:31:55 UTC 2007

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn a écrit :

> I'm using the "nv" driver and the card (well, it's on-board) is
> identified as "nVidia Corporation GeForce 6100 nForce 430".
>
> Xorg says "Chipset Unknown NVIDIA chip found" in the log but except
> for some graphical glitches it seems to work ok. Cursors don't get
> drawn correctly and sometimes parts of the terminal text output appear
> a bit bolder then regular text (though not bold as in "bold font",
> just a tiny bit bolder as if the anti-aliasing is a bit off or there
> is some sort of pixel/rounding error).

AFAIK the nv driver doesn't provide 3D rendering for such gpu , you
should use the nvidia closed source driver. It may add a line " Module
glx" in your module section. I had to disable it in order to have the
desktop effects working. Some other people had to not delete this line.

Here's my post about this :
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-March/msg02212.html

Axel