too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Mon Mar 19 17:04:16 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> writes:

> I.e. I'd claim Fedora to require a
> minimum bandwidth: ~300kb/s
> recommended bandwidth >= 1000kb/s

350 kbps = ~ 3.5 GB a day. Not sure what problems are you talking about.
Slow mirrors maybe? Your fast connection wouldn't make them faster.

I suspect some location-related problems (does the mirror list differs
based on IP/reverse DNS name/etc?). Or maybe your DSL line is way
slower than marketed? With my 512 kbps DSL I can easily get the 64-bit
DVD image in 24 hrs, let alone openoffice.

Perhaps you should switch to night updates?
--
Krzysztof Halasa