too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Mar 19 20:13:57 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>
>> Everyone please kindly read the cpuspeed initscript before continuing to
>> hypothesize about it. It does indeed already look for necessary support,
>> and silently exits without doing a thing it its not present.
>>
>> /me is the cpuspeed maintainer... :)
>
> It would do that everytime on bootup though. Right? Can we make it
> disable itself if the support is not there on first run?
>
> Rahul

Having daemons deactivate themselves like this seems like a bad idea
from a users perspective... God knows in how many places you'd be
searching for the reason why feature xyz isn't working, if all services
would do that. The will have a pretty hard time re-enabling themselves
as it stands right now.

Btw, from my experience, the cpuspeed daemon isn't even started from the
initscript (at least on my machine, running FC6), it really only
modprobes the cpufreq_ondemand module.

/Thomas

/Thomas