too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Mar 19 20:44:58 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:

> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/presto
> Those concerned about bandwidth should help the yum-deltarpm project in
> development and testing.

The whole idea of delta rpms has looked as a nasty hack to me, since i
first saw the SUSE implementation back-in-the-days (btw, i think they
changed it since).
That out of the way, the intention for this project seems to be based
very much on the fact that the full rpms should always be available and
the delta rpms are auto-generated from those (in some way). When
implemented this way, we don't loose all the benefits of having the full
rpms, but we gain the smaller downloads for updates. This seems like a
very noble project, so I hope we can get it working soon.

> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

/Thomas