KDE-Live-CD (Round 2): testing of included packages

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:37:07 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:32 pm Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> - knetworkmanager vs. kwifimanger: I don't own a laptop. So I've not
> noticed that kwifimanager is also started automatically. Splitting of
> kdenetwork should resolve this point.

I find, on my laptop anyway, that knetworkmanager works far better overall.
But then, it could just be me.

> - the start of kdm is really slow (compared with gdm)

Actually, I noticed this when I switched FC5/6 over to using kdm.  Does Fedora
have some kind of optimization for gdm?

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!