missing FC6 system-config-control

Ankit Patel ankit644 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 04:56:17 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Kelly <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
Cc: Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:54:44 AM
Subject: Re: missing FC6 system-config-control

On Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:33 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Kelly wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:31 pm Warren Togami wrote:
> >> system-config-control was apparently a non-official, optional add-on in
> >> Extras.
> >>
> >> It appears to be orphaned now, meaning nobody is maintaining it, thus it
> >> was removed before FC6.  The only way it will be in Fedora again is if
> >> somebody takes the steps to become the maintainer and just do the work.
> >>
> >> Warren Togami
> >> wtogami at redhat.com
> >
> > I'd offer to do it, but I'm not familiar with GTK+.
>
> It is very small amount of PyGTK code.
>
> http://www.indianoss.org/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=10
>
> Rahul

You're right; it's not a lot of code.  I'll see what I can do with it.

--

Hi Guys,

Apologize for not actively working on this project. I developed this tool as a part of my interest & i thought there is a really need for system-config-control. I tried to get this package included in Core during FC5, but i didn't get enough responses from people who actually wants to see this package in Fedora. So, the proposal is disapproved. Still i would like to have this package in Fedora Extras, but lack of time doesn't allow me to work continuously on this project as my field of work is different than software development.

I will be really happy if somebody, who continuously work on package development, contribute to this package. By looking at the public demands, i think this package should be maintaned. Please let me know whoever is interested, i will give all the details which i have for system-cofnig-control.

Thanks a lot & let me know if i can help in any way other than maintaining this package! :)

Ankit Patel

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front