Which unresolved bugs block a release?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Mar 22 21:02:40 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 13:07 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> These bugs fall into 2 categories:
>>> 1) Bugs which are simply being ignored by @redhat.com people who need to be hit
>>>     with the cluebat (repeatedly)
>> Don't make statements like that.  They aren't helpful in any manner.
>> You cannot claim that they are intentionally ignoring them.  Hitting
>> people with the "update your bugs" cluebat that have a massive amount of
>> bugs simply does not work and does not help solve the problem.
>>

> If you want to be helpful, add a comment "fixed in x.y.z" if you find
> bugs that no longer apply. That will make it much easier to quickly
> close it the next time the package maintainer comes across the bug.

I always do that (and close them) for bugs I fixed myself.

Matthias, you're one of the @redhat.com people I know to be pretty responsive
most of the time. However unfortunately you have colleagues who aren't response
to BZ entries, this is not good and someone needs to talk to these people about
it. I understand that there are busy times and very busy times @redhat, still I
see a huge differences between individual @redhat people in how responsive they
are. I can give a list of positive examples (you included), but funny enough
not negative examples, because I have so little interaction with these people
that I don't know / remember there names! Still I know they exist because some
of the bugs I file get assigned to them and then completely disappear of the radar.

Regards,

Hans