Which unresolved bugs block a release?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Mar 22 21:37:50 UTC 2007

tor, 22 03 2007 kl. 16:33 -0400, skrev Jarod Wilson:
> Will Woods wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 15:25 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> >> I've been toying with the idea of a 'kernel bug day' thing for a while.
> >> Whilst a lot of those bugs are really nasty horrible bugs that you
> >> really need to understand kernel code for, there's quite a bit of
> >> grunt work that I'd be happy to farm out to eager helpers.
> >>
> >> Things like ..
> >> * marking bugs that have patches in them more prominently,
> >> * adding bugs to the 'meta' bugs (cf, the alias 'FCMETA_ACPI'),
> >> * making sure relevant people are cc'd/assigned.
> >> * going through old bugs and asking reporters to retest with
> >>   the latest updates
> >> * closing out bugs that have been in NEEDINFO forever.
> >> * forwarding bug reports upstream to linux-kernel / maintainers / kernel.org
> >>   bugzilla.
> >>
> >> It's real painstaking work to do that sort of thing, and I'd rather
> >> be actually fixing bugs.
> >
> > We've got plenty of eager helpers (myself included!).
>
> Count me in too. I already try to do whatever I can, sweeping through
> open bugs from time to time, but would love to do more.

Me too, I'd love to have some guidelines to getting better information
out of the kernel to say report unworking suspend situations. The kernel
is a rather special package and I doubt many of us wield it's strange
magic.

- David Nielsen
--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”