[BUG] Mounted partitions are not showing up and CD/DVD link not correct

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 23 19:24:24 UTC 2007

Mark <markg85 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> i used fstab but those partitions are still not showing up. if i delete that
policy file those partitions are showing up!in my opinion that`s wrong.

Oh, I see what you mean. Nautilus only accepting as "drives" those
mounted/mountable through gnome-mount is an unfortunate interaction indeed. On
the other hand, it technically makes sense, drives inserted in fstab are
considered part of the regular directory tree. Though KDE does list fixed
drives mounted through fstab in its media:/ list (and no, it won't automount
fixed drives, only removable ones).

        Kevin Kofler