iwlwifi working for anyone?

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Fri Mar 23 20:10:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007, Thomas J. Baker <tjb at unh.edu> wrote:
> I'd like to know if anyone has the iwlwifi driver working with the stock
> rawhide setup? With NetworkManager, I can see different networks but
> trying to connect to one doesn't work. It always fails with the
> "association took too long (>20s), failing activation." error.

I have it working on my laptop. It's a FC6 system running the test FC7
kernel with iwlwifi support.

Howerver, I don't use NetworkManager. It never worked for me. I
configured wpa_supplicant myself, started it and then configured the
interface up and it worked fine.

I have had the interface die once in the middle of using the system, but
other than that it works great.

JE