Presto logging

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:26:20 UTC 2007

If any of you are testing Presto, please upgrade to 0.2.4.  This version
stores a log in /var/log/presto.log that contains two very important
numbers for each yum session:
* Number of bytes that would have been downloaded for Presto-enabled
repository updates
* Number of bytes that were downloaded for Presto-enabled repository
updates

It also contains the percentage saved and total (cumulative) percentage
saved.

Every week or so, I'd love to get a copy of your logs so I can see what
real savings we're getting from Presto.

Also, our test server is syncing updates and extras every six hours.
Does anyone know if there's a way for the fedoraproject servers to push
updates rather than our polling?

Thanks,
Jonathan