Presto and mirrorlist url problems

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Mar 26 11:58:23 UTC 2007

I noticed something strange, after installing yum-presto.

I have a freshrpms repo enabled on my FC6 box. This repo is setup with a
mirrorlist, which contains the following, when downloaded:

http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6/$ARCH/freshrpms/
http://ayo.uk3.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6/$ARCH/freshrpms/
http://ayo.us5.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6/$ARCH/freshrpms/
http://ayo.pt.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6/$ARCH/freshrpms/

When presto is enabled, the freshrpms repo consistently fails with
errors looking like this:

http://ayo.pt.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6/%24BASEARCH/freshrpms/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:51:45 GMT

Running yum with --disablepresto makes freshrpms work again.

So it seems like presto is screwing up some internal variables or
convertions or something.

Hope this is useful, if not, please let me know what you need.

/Thomas