/usr/share/java and JNI libraries

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Mar 26 18:46:33 UTC 2007

Le lundi 26 mars 2007 à 21:25 +0300, Ville Skyttä a écrit :
> On Monday 26 March 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
> > %{_jnidir} is the correct place according do jpackage naming conventions
> > (file:///usr/share/doc/jpackage-utils-*/jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml)
> >
> > It's never seen much use, because packaging basic java classes is hard
> > and jni code is harder. So it could probably be redefined if the current
> > default is found lacking. However because jni classes depend on arch
> > code, it should stay %{_libdir}-based IMHO.
>
> s/stay/change to/
>
> %{_jnidir} is defined as %{_prefix}/lib/java; no %{_libdir} there,
> it's /usr/lib/java on lib64 archs too, ditto the versioned /usr/lib/java-*
> dirs.  I suppose that's a relic/bug from JPackage (whose conventions don't
> take lib64 into account due to hysterical raisins AFAIK)

It's a relic from the first people with x86_64 systems, that changed all
the original %{_libdir}/foo macros to {_prefix}/lib/foo ones instead of
fixing the script bits that broke on multilib systems (and they didn't
even bother to change the doc, so it's still stating %{_libdir} as when
I wrote it originally)

> and should
> eventually be fixed there as well.  jpackage-utils should probably change
> from noarch to arch dependent if/when this gets fixed.

Probably

--
Nicolas Mailhot