hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

Bernard Johnson bjohnson-dated-1172832473.ba5e95 at symetrix.com
Tue Mar 27 05:54:40 UTC 2007

Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 22:30 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Do we have an alternative to provide that functionality?  If so, sure,
>> get rid of the poorly behaved software and enable something else in its
>> place.  If not, then we're robbing the user of functionality.
>>
>> -Toshio
>
> There is also Stylus-Toolbox [1].
>
> Perhaps we could integrate a lot of that printer-maintenance work in
> CUPS itself somehow?

hplip also has:

* faxing on a local/network multi-function printer
* setting up copy jobs on a local/network multi-function printer
* scanning on a local/network multi-function printer
* unloading memory cards on a local/network multi-function printer

It appears that Stylus Toolbox does none of this.