rawhide report: 20070327 changes

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 27 10:35:49 UTC 2007

On 27.03.2007 12:08, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 06:03 -0400, buildsys at redhat.com wrote:
>> hal-0.5.9-0.git20070326.fc7
>> ---------------------------
>> * Mon Mar 26 2007 David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> -
>> 0.5.9-0.git20070326
>> - Update to hal 0.5.9rc2 and hal-info-20070326
> These *need* to be split into separate SRPMS. I don't mind
> co-maintaining these if you want, but if we are updating machine quirks
> once a month or so, [...]

BTW regarding all those machine quirks to make suspend "simply work":

- is there any coordination with the people behind s2ram?

- for the video related quirks: are you differentiating if the systems
where those quirks got tested run
 -- vesa framebuffer
 -- chip-specific framebuffer driver
 -- plain vga (vga=0)
 on the console and
 -- free X drivers
 -- proprietary display drivers
 in X? Especially using plain VGA or framebuffer seems to influence the
options that are needed to bring the video device back to work a lot in
my experience.
  Side note: Ubuntu and Suse both use framebuffer, Fedora a plain text
console normally; so a quirk that works on Fedora maybe doesn't help on
Suse (or the other way around).

Just wondering. I like the idea to make suspend "simply work" a lot ;-)

CU
thl