rawhide report: 20070327 changes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:14:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 13:06 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Well, all this is very new. The very least we will achieve is to get
> > screens to turn back on when they come back from suspend, i.e. to
> DPMS
> > on where needed, and to poke vbetool and restore vbestate. Some
> other
> > odd quirks like radeontool are present, but completely untested.
>
> Well, we'll see how it evolves. Anyway: thx for your great work
> Richard!

No problem. I'm hoping to write a tutorial at some stage (after my
finals!) showing how this all works, i.e. adding simple xml file to add
stuff like vbestate and vbepost to make resume work.

The idea is that people who can't suspend get the systems to work using
pm-suspend with the --quirk options, and then send a report
(automatically?) so we can add the DMI data in hal-info for the next
update.

Richard.