hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

Bernard Johnson bjohnson-dated-1172832473.ba5e95 at symetrix.com
Tue Mar 27 21:28:20 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 22:49 +0200, dragoran wrote:
>>
>> I don't use it myself but removing a software that supports that many
>> devices that else would be useless on fedora is simply wrong.
>> and if we say foo is in the package guidlines but package bar sucks so I
>> won't honour point x is silly.
>> either get the package or the guidlines fixed.
>>

> Oh, I have complained about that part of the guidelines before, but
> without success.

And this is primarily where I have a problem.

There is packaging guideline.

You have tried to get them changed, and couldn't.

But that didn't stop you from ignoring them in this particular case.

So take your complaint to remove the icon from the menus to the
packaging committee for an exception to the policy, or a change to the
policy.  A heavy handed approach ignoring policy along the way to suit
your personal views is not the right answer.