hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

Bernard Johnson bjohnson-dated-1172832473.ba5e95 at symetrix.com
Tue Mar 27 21:46:57 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:
> I'd like to point out that there is likely a trademark issue involved
> here as well.  Unless the package has an explicit grant to display the
> HP trademark even if patches are made, I'm sure it'll get sticky.
>
> That might be a bit easier to swallow than "free advertisement".

So, I wonder if we also have a grant to the word "bluetooth" since it's
a certification mark?  I would guess not.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=stgctl.2.8

"THE CERTIFICATION MARK CERTIFIES THAT GOODS MANUFACTURED AND SERVICES
RENDERED BY AUTHORIZED PERSONS COMPLY WITH THE QUALITY AND/OR
INTEROPERABILITY STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY BLUETOOTH SIG, INC."