fc6 gaim update is BROKEN!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Mar 29 01:44:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 18:19 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> Jon Escombe wrote:
> > Warren Togami <wtogami <at> redhat.com> writes:
> >
> >> I'm sorry that this isn't working out for you.  It worked very well for
> >> me and a few other testers.  Nobody complained about these problems
> >> about this version sitting in rawhide for quite a while now.
> >
> > Just one small issue to add, this update segfaulted for me due to a clash with
> > the beta5 version of gaim-meanwhile that's still in extras. Possibly ought to be
> > a dependancy somewhere that required an update to the plugins too?
> >
> > Appreciate that this would be hard to spot unless you actually use the meanwhile
> > plugin, so not really complaining, just fyi (& hoping for an updated plugin at
> > some point ;)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon.

> gaim-meanwhile as a separate package will disappear when the distro
> merges, because then libmeanwhile will be available for gaim to build
> against.

	That's nice but, in the meanwhile (gag - sorry), we're screwed?  I just
suddenly slammed into gaim segfaulting and went searching and found the
and gaim-meanwhile-ibm (some internal configs for IBM people), gaim now
comes up clean.  But I don't have access to my Sametime accounts, now.
Which means I've got to get sanity (a standalone Sametime client) up and
configured until this bolux gets shot and straightened out.  It's broken
right now.

	I guess it needs to be punted over to the Extras folks to straighten
out.  I don't see anything on that list as of yet (adding a cross post -
sorry).  Has this been filed in bugzilla for gaim-meanwhile in the
meantime?

> Warren

	Mike