Yum-presto (deltarpms) ready for testing.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 29 13:52:21 UTC 2007

Jonathan Dieter wrote:

>> Download Size (without DRPM),Download Size (with DRPM),Percentage
>> Savings,Total Percentage Savings
>> 493372,132236,74,74
>> 509267102,126959924,76,76

Additional note: This log is being written only at the very end and if
the transaction fails in between I suspect nothing will get written at
all. Yum does log incrementally which is more useful.  Also the format
is not easy to read and you should probably switch to something more
standard that can be parsed better by logwatch.

> I think our best bet is to get it included into Extras (which may be a
> bit of a struggle if I'm to maintain it as I don't maintain any other
> packages).  We should then talk with Fedora Infrastructure and see if
> they're interested in creating Presto repositories.  If we don't run
> into any major problems during the F7/Rawhide timeline, maybe we can get
> it installed and enabled by default for F8.  (Though I will definitely
> use it during the whole FC6/F7 timeline.)

Yes, the next step would be to get into Fedora Extras, get mirrors and
get more feedback. I am using the plugin on my main FC6 box now.

Rahul