Announcing Fedora 7 Test 3 (6.92)

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Thu Mar 29 23:41:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 22:35 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 02:43 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >
> > It makes sense to mention GNOME explicitly in parallel to KDE because
> > in
> > the world of multiple spins, there is no one set of defaults fpr
> > Fedora
> > on the whole. GNOME is certainly not the default in the KDE Live CD.
> > All
> > I have been hearing so far is one poor excuse after next for not doing
> > it.
>
> I really didn't intend to troll or provoke a super thread, I just
> thought it was weird:
>
> a) that the KDE torrent was listed first
> b) that the default (GNOME) version didn't have gnome in the name.
>
> Not a big issue for me whatever the final decision is, I just thought I
> would mention it.

the torrents are listed most recent to least recent.

I got the kde livecd last b/c it didn't go out at the same time as the
others did due to a minor mirroring hiccup. So that's why it is listed
first.

you'll note that olpc is listed above Fedora Core 6 final. That doesn't
mean I prefer the olpc image more. ;)

-sv