NTFS-3G just released (3-28-07). inclusion to FC7?

eric magaoay ericm24x7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:32:10 UTC 2007

Nicolas Antonio Corrarello wrote:
> I thought ntfs was non-free because there is a patent associated.
> Remember the good ol' friends, the one from Redmond and Novel

If there is a patent question associated with the latest ntfs-3g
sources, MS must declare its patent rights and inform the offending
party/parties to be enforceable. I just look at the source codes, and
all seem to be released under GNU Public License (GPL). So I assumed
nothing there is non-free or it will violate the spirit of GPL.

I think as hardware/software virtualization improved and optimized,
ntfs-3g will be less significant, if not already.

> dragoran escribió:
>
>> eric magaoay wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering if it is possible to incorporate this latest stable
>>> version into FC7.
>>> Existing version in repo: ntfs-3g.x86_64 2:1.0-1.fc7
>>>
>> fill a bug (RFE) against ntfs-3g in bugzilla

OK, I will do it upon completion of my test.

eric