Blank screen and no xv video

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Tue May 1 12:37:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 20:34 -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 01:02 +0100, Jon Burgess wrote:
> > Have you tried disabling DRI?
> >        Option "DRI" "off"
>
> Not sure if this is still the case, but XVideo on Intel IGP, so far as I
> understand, uses OpenGL textures instead of drawing to the raw hardware;
> so without DRI, you don't get usable XVideo, either...

XV may or may not work at all on the intel driver without DRI enabled;
I haven't checked, and tbh I can't imagine wanting to run without DRI,
ever.

It's entirely possible to use the texture engine without using OpenGL
though, if you happen to be the driver itself.

If Xv working requires DRI to be disabled, that's clearly a bug.

- ajax