KDE alpha 1 packages for Fedora?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu May 3 14:45:11 UTC 2007

Mark <markg85 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> so that means that aplha`s, beta`s en release candidates of KDE 4 will be in
> the next fedora rawhides?

That's my plan. However, other people working on KDE on Fedora may have
different plans.

> starting from now or FC8 development?

F8 development. (FYI, "Core" is no more.) There's no way KDE 4 will be usable
as a default desktop by F7, not to mention that F7 is _well_ past feature
freeze, so the current F7-targeted Rawhide is not going to get it. (Well, I
might try to get my parallel-installable developer packages of kdelibs4,
kdepimlibs4 and kdebase4 in once I upgrade them to alpha 1, but that's it for
F7.) It's only about 3 weeks until Rawhide will open for F8 development anyway.

         Kevin Kofler